Faculty and trainees receive multiple awards at ACLPS meeting
July 5, 2017
The Department of Laboratory Medicine at Yale hosted the 52nd Annual Academy of Clinical Laboratory Physicians and Scientists meeting on June 15-17, 2017.
Congratulations to all Washington University Department of Pathology & Immunology faculty and trainees from who received special recognition and awards!
Jacqueline Payton, MD, PhD received the Benson Lectureship/Ellis Benson Award for her work entitled “Epigenetic discoveries drive precision medicine approaches for lymphoma”. This award is presented to a young faculty member in recognition of meritorious accomplishments in the field of Laboratory Medicine.
Seven trainees received Paul E. Strandjord Young Investigator Awards. They were:
- William Lainhart – sponsored by Carey-Ann Burnham, PhD
- Abraham Qavi – sponsored by Ronald Jackups, MD, PhD
- Merih Tesfazghi – sponsored by Mitchell Scott, PhD
- Craig Wilen – sponsored by Carey-Ann Burnham, PhD
- Melanie Yarbrough – sponsored by Carey-Ann Burnham, PhD
- Mark Zaydman – sponsored by Jacqueline Payton, MD, PhD
- Ray Zhang – sponsored by Mitchell Scott, PhD
Melanie Yarbrough, PhD also received the Paul E. Stradjord Young Investigator Research grant for her work entitled “Characterizing the urobiome of men who have sex with men using enhanced culture-based methods”.LGM, Noteworthy