George R. Wettach, MD, FASCP, FCAP
Associate Professor, Pathology & Immunology
Chief of Pathology, SoutheastHEALTH
- Phone: 573-651-5539
- Fax: 573-986-5953
- Email: email@example.com
- Medical Director, Clinical Laboratory, Southeast Cancer Center
- Medical Degree: Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk VA (2006)
- Anatomic & Clinical Pathology Residency: Oregon Health & Science University, Portland OR (2010)
- Cytopathology Fellowship: Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR (2011)
- Surgical Pathology Fellowship: Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR (2012)
- American Society for Clinical Pathology Award for Academic Excellence and Achievement, 2004
- Fellow, The Linnean Society of London (FLS), 2019
- Fine Needle Aspiration Cytopathology
- Laboratory Administration / Process Improvement
- Community Outreach
|Tang MS, Wettach GR, Eby CS. What is Your Guess? Evaluation of a Patient with Extremely High Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin and Mean Corpuscular Hemoglobin Concentration. Clin Chem. 2020 Mar 1;66(3):497-498.|
|Kikuchi K, Wettach GR, Ryan CW, Hung A, Hooper JE, Beadling C, Warrick A, Corless CL, Olson SB, Hart J, Vogt PK, Keller C, Mansoor A. MDM2 Amplification and PI3KCA Mutation in a Case of Sclerosing Rhabdomyosarcoma. Sarcoma, vol. 2013, Article ID 520858.|
|Eil R, Lu KC, Wettach GR, Tsikitis VL. Intracranial Hemangiopericytoma Focally Recurrent to the Pelvis. Journal of Cancer Therapy 3, 487-490. 2012.|
|Stenzel P, Wettach G, Leroy X. Disseminated Carcinoma Consistent With Seminal Vesicle Primary: Autopsy and Immunohistochemical Characterization. Int J Surg Pathol. 19(3):401-4. 2011. Epub 2011 Mar 21.|
|Wettach GR, Steele EA. Urothelial Cell Carcinoma of the Bladder Presenting as Orbital Metastasis. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 132(8):1224. 2008.|
|Wettach GR, Boyd LJ, Lawce HJ, Magenis RE, Mansoor A. Cytogenetic Analysis of a Hemosiderotic Fibrolipomatous Tumor. Cancer Genet Cytogenet. 182(2):140-3. 2008.|
|Mercer DR, Wettach GR, Smith JL. Effects of larval density and predation by Toxorhynchites amboinensis on Aedes polynesiensis (Diptera: Culicidae) developing in coconuts. J Am Mosq Control Assoc. 21(4): 425-31. 2005.|
|Fishback NF, Wettach GR. Cardiac changes noted within four years of transplant in post-mortem evaluation of a patient with untreated obstructive sleep apnea. Sleep and Breathing 8(2): 107-9. 2004.|
|Wettach GR. A Standardized Patient Enrolled in Medical School Considers the National Clinical Skills Examination. Acad Med 78(12): 1240-2. 2003.|
Book and Book Chapters
Wettach GR, Palmrose TW, Morgan TK. USMLE Road Map: Pathology. McGraw-Hill Medical. June 2009.
- Kingery J, Wettach GR, Press R. Molecular Diagnostics.
- Thompson M, Wettach GR, White Jr CR. Skin.
- Wettach GR. Lung.
- Wettach GR, White SL, Palmrose TW. Endocrine and Nutritional Disorders.
- Wettach GR, Morgan TK. Female Reproductive Tract and Placenta.
- Wettach GR, Scanlan RM. Bleeding Disorders and Transfusion Medicine.
- Palmrose TW, Wettach GR, Bakke A. Immune System Mediated Disease.
- Wettach GR. Rapid Review Glossary.
Lee-Chiong T, Butkov N. Fundamentals of Sleep Technology. Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. May 2007.
- Wettach GR, Ware JC, Vorona RD, Winn MP, May JF, Akers D. Pharmacological Effects on the Polysomnogram.
1701 Lacey Street
Cape Girardeau, MO 63701
KFVS CBS Channel 12 Health Break – “Lab Week with Dr. George Wettach,” aired April 26 and 27, 2018
KFVS CBS Channel 12 Health Break – “Blood Banks with Dr. George Wettach,” aired November 16 and 17; December 21, 2017; and April 12, 2018.